Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New Blog

I love to read blogs which generally stay to a topic... with small seasonings into other ventures: a recipe or two, gardening references, or family, perhaps some wisdom words.  Since I often ponder matters of the Spirit, I decided to keep them in a new blog.  Hence, Sojourner Spirit.

This morning, just after I left the house and was driving up the hill, I saw a young father.. perhaps early thirties, strolling across the road with very young tow-head little girl on his back... she was perhaps 2 or 3.  His gate was just a little bit hoppy to gently add extra movement to her ride.  As I travelled by them, she turned to look at me and burst into a beaming smile... joy, security and happiness flew from her heart to mine... sweet tender love... my heart renewed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,
    I live in Winston Salem too and it's so nice to meet you....I'd love to join your blog but couldn't find a place to do so......

    What a sweet story....Isn't it amazing how God encourages us everyday.....

    Hugs and blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now you've lifted my spirit with this sweet image. Moments like this are so fleeting and easily overlooked in the busyness of our day. Thanks for noticing and sharing.

    ReplyDelete